Norman Shewaybick (Webequie, Ontario) talks about his wife’s passing and his experiences with the inequalities and prejudices indigenous people suffer at the hands of our healthcare system. He had to watch as these challenges took his wife of 26 years away from him. After her passing, Norman and his four sons walked the “Healing Journey Home” from Thunder Bay to Webequie. The 1,000 km trek took them over 2 weeks in the bitter cold of February. Today, Normal speaks out against the prejudices that took his wife. He has become the Change Maker.
Song written, recorded and filmed with students of Sioux Lookout, Ontario. Song Credits: Carson Anderson, Randy Cutfeet, Chris Edwards, Chris Wilder, Kevin Martin, Mathias Shakakeesic, Cecilee Duncan, Trinity Cheesequay, Sydney Bell, Cassie Capay & Chelsea Barkman.
In the fall of 2010, SLFNHA and The Chiefs Committee on Health started working on a film project on opiate drug abuse. In early 2011, SLFNHA hired Thunderstone Pictures to produce a documentary to follow a young woman from Eabametoong First Nation (Fort Hope) on her journey to overcome her addiction to OxyContin and the struggle to access treatment.
A diabetic for 16 years and overweight, Wes Nothing describes his journey to lose weight and the unexpected results that came with it.
- Sioux Lookout Regional Physician Services Inc – Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee
- Municipality of Sioux Lookout
- Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre
- Hugh Allen Clinic
- Northwestern Health Unit
- NWHU- Diabetes Prevention
- Food Education Programs Implementation Guide
- Food Security Enviromental Scan
- Small Animal Husbandry: Laying Hens & Community egg production models
- SLFNHA Community Garden Implentmentation Guide
- Anishininiiw Nanadowi’kikendamowin – Health Outcomes of Our People
- Learning from Our Ancestors: Mortality Experience of First Nations in Northern Ontario – Mamow Ahyamowen Partnership
- Nanehkatehnimohiiwehwin: Medical Transportation, Final Report 2019 – KI Consulting
- Approaches to Community Wellbeing – Model Discription
- Community Consultation
- Community Engagement
- Youth Engagement Report
- Youth Engagement Report Summary
- Our Children and Youth Health Report
- Community Health – Indicators Engagement Summary Report
- Anishinabe Health Plan
Regional Tribal Councils
- Independent First Nations Alliance
- Keewaytinook Okimakanak
- Matawa First Nations Management
- Shibogama First Nations Council
- Windigo First Nations Council