SLFNHA Indigenous Milk Medicine Multimedia Contest
Indigenous Milk Medicine Week (August 8-14, 2023)
Breastfeeding Awareness Month (August 1-31,2023)
SLFNHA wants to celebrate Indigenous Milk Medicine. How it nourishes our children and impacts future generations! SLFNHA is holding a multimedia contest for the month of August. We want to see what Indigenous Milk Medicine means to you and your community!
- Draw, write, send in a video or take a picture of what Indigenous Milk Medicine means to you and your community!
- Allow SLFNHA to post your submission online and use it for future health promotion materials.
- Submissions need to be in by August 31st 2023
- Every participant will receive a Milk Medicine T-Shirt or water bottle.
- Each entry will also enter you into a draw to win the grand prize of a 250$ visa gift card as well as a prize from the category you are in.
- The three categories will be Children up to 12, Youth 13-17 and adults 18+
“This photo shows an unbreakable bond within 3 generations that started from the very beginning. A bond that began in the womb and got even stronger through the time spent breastfeeding. My mom breastfed me, and I breastfed my girls. The first few months were challenging with my first, but I worked at it and breastfed all of my girls for 2 to 4 years each. Breastfeeding saved me from severe postpartum depression. The bond that saved my life also created an incredible relationship of trust and love within our family. If I know one thing, it’s that breastfeeding strengthened our family by bonding us like nothing else could. Please give your baby and your family the most potent medicine you can, your gift of breastfeeding and the bonds that comes with it.” – Candy Clarke
Artwork / Beadwork