Guided by the Anishinabe Health Plan, Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority is here to support and contribute to a strong health system for the First Nations in the Sioux Lookout area. We serve 31 First Nations in the area, providing a variety of health services such as primary health care, counselling, accommodations, transportation, and more. This health system has many parts:
- First Nations with their primary responsibility for their people’s health
- The secondary responsibilities of the Tribal Councils
- The on-going Treaty responsibilities of the Government of Canada
- The support of the Nishnawbe Aski Nation and other health organizations
Videoconference Event: Suicide: Risk Assessment, Prevention and Intervention. Friday, December 6, 2013, 11 a.m. to 12 noon CST (12 noon – 1 p.m. EST). Click here for more information.
Webinar Event: The HARM (Hamilton Anatomy of Risk Management) Tool: Friday, December 13, 2013, 11 am – 12 noon. Click here for more information.
Videoconference Event: Patient Centred Care: Isn’t that what we’ve always done? Tuesday, December 3, 2013. Click here for more information.
Read the SLFNHA Newsletter – Fall 2013
October 1, 2013: Visit the Developmental Services Program page for an update on a free certificate course being offered by the program’s partners.
Need information on Non-Insured Health Benefits?
- Click here to visit the NIHB website.
- Click here for a guide on How to Access Medical Transportation