Guided by the Anishinabe Health Plan, Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority is here to support and contribute to a strong health system for the First Nations in the Sioux Lookout area.
We serve 31 First Nations in the area, providing a variety of health services such as primary health care, counselling, accommodations, transportation, and more.
This health system has many parts:
- First Nations with their primary responsibility for their people’s health
- The secondary responsibilities of the Tribal Councils
- The on-going Treaty responsibilities of the Government of Canada
- The support of the Nishnawbe Aski Nation and other health organizations
Read the SLFNHA Newsletter – Spring 2013
SLFNHA in the news:
Creating a research centre for local communities (CKDR, March 18, 2013)
Barry Waboose saves lives, delivers baby ( Wawatay News, March 21, 2013)
Needle exchange programs offered across northwest (Wawatay News, March 14, 2013)
Dryden job seekers encouraged (KenoraOnline- February 28, 2013)
- Anishinabe Health Plan
- HIV, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B and Sexually Transmitted Infections
- The Life You Want