Guided by the Anishinabe Health Plan, Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority is here to support and contribute to a strong health system for the First Nations in the Sioux Lookout area. We serve 31 First Nations in the area, providing a variety of health services such as primary health care, counselling, accommodations, transportation, and more. This health system has many parts:
- First Nations with their primary responsibility for their people’s health
- The secondary responsibilities of the Tribal Councils
- The on-going Treaty responsibilities of the Government of Canada
- The support of the Nishnawbe Aski Nation and other health organizations
SLFNHA’s Summer 2014 Newsletter- Click here to view!
SLFNHA Radio: Originally broadcast on October 25, 2013. Information and updates from the Jeremiah McKay Kabayshewekamik (Hostel) in Sioux Lookout. Click here to hear the show: http://soundcloud.com/slfnhacommunications/hostel-radio-show-october-25
Video-education Events: Community Networks of Specialized Care (CNSC) presents a new calendar For January – June 2014 of video-education events and webinars. The posters and information on these events are available here. Anyone interested in attending any of these sessions – feel free to contact Hana Beitl at (807) 737-4797 ext 208 or Hana.Beitl@slfnha.com.
SLFNHA Winter Newsletter- Click here to view/download the SLFNHA Winter 2013 Newsletter
Mushkiki: Addressing the Need: Watch this 17-minute video which was developed to provide background knowledge and information for new physicians and other healthcare professionals on how healthcare is delivered in Sioux Lookout and the 31 First Nation communities in this region.
Need information on Non-Insured Health Benefits?
- Click here to visit the NIHB website.
- Click here for a guide on How to Access Medical Transportation