Guided by the Anishinabe Health Plan, Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority is here to support and contribute to a strong health system for the First Nations in the Sioux Lookout area. We serve 31 First Nations in the area, providing a variety of health services such as primary health care, counselling, accommodations, transportation, and more. This health system has many parts:
- First Nations with their primary responsibility for their people’s health
- The secondary responsibilities of the Tribal Councils
- The on-going Treaty responsibilities of the Government of Canada
- The support of the Nishnawbe Aski Nation and other health organizations
SLFNHA’s 2014 AGM- This year’s Annual General Meeting was held from September 9-11 in Lac Seul First Nation.
- Special Guest Speaker Dr. Cindy Blackstock from First Nations Child and Family Caring Society of Canada spoke on Wednesday, Sept. 10. Click here to read coverage by Kenora Online. Click here to hear CBC coverage and interview with Dr. Blackstock on Superior Morning (broadcast Sept. 10, 2014).
- Click here to view the Resolutions passed by the Chiefs in Assembly at the SLFNHA 2014 AGM
SLFNHA’s Summer 2014 Newsletter- Click here to view!
SLFNHA Radio: Originally broadcast on October 25, 2013. Information and updates from the Jeremiah McKay Kabayshewekamik (Hostel) in Sioux Lookout. Click here to hear the show: http://soundcloud.com/slfnhacommunications/hostel-radio-show-october-25
Mushkiki: Addressing the Need: Watch this 17-minute video which was developed to provide background knowledge and information for new physicians and other healthcare professionals on how healthcare is delivered in Sioux Lookout and the 31 First Nation communities in this region.
Need information on Non-Insured Health Benefits?
- Click here to visit the NIHB website.
- Click here for a guide on How to Access Medical Transportation