The role of the Policy Analyst is to support SLFNHA and its employees with the identification, development and evaluation of Operational Policies and Procedures. The Analyst will monitor, amend, develop, implement, and advocate for changes to policies and systems that will improve the current Operational Policies/Procedures and systems. The Policy Analyst will stay current on all Federal/Provincial Legislation that applies to SLFNHA and ensure that legislation is followed in the Operational Policies and Procedures. The Analyst will have a high-level understanding of policy initiatives and will be responsible for briefings and reports for Senior Management Committees as well as the Policy Committees.
Salary Range $61,228 – $78,804 per annum
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Degree and/or diploma in business, health, and/or combination of education and experience suitable to the employer.
- Three (3) years relevant experience.
- Experience leading working groups.
- Excellent verbal communication, facilitation, listening and presentation skills
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism in sometimes confrontational or sensitive situations.
- Must have working knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and respectfully.
- Computer literacy required.
- Superior written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex information into plain language, for reports and presentations.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply legislation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- An ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ambitious, self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, advocacy and organizational skills
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review, amend and incorporate new policies to SLFNHA.
- Provide recommendations to guide policy decision making.
- Analyze federal legislation relevant to SLFNHA and identify areas that require changes, updates, revisions, etc.
- Draft correspondence, and briefing notes for SLFNHA Senior Management and the Policy Committee.
- Liaise with First Nations, organizations and other service agencies.
- All other duties as assigned by Manager
Closing Date: Friday September 17th 2021 at 16:30pm
|Job Category||Administrative, Policy|