The Physician Services Administrator will be responsible for the overall administrative leadership and management of the administrative delivery of regional physician services for the management and mainframe agreements. The goal of the position is to ensure physician administration that supports the delivery of high quality and timely regional physician services.
The Physician Services Administrator will work in partnership with the Physician Services Director, SLFNHA Executive and Medical Director, SLRPSI Board, Community Leadership, physicians and other key stakeholders.
The Physician Services Administrator reports directly to the Director of Physician Services.
Salary range starting from $89,839 to a maximum of $115,628/yearly
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Bachelor or Master of Health Administration or Business Administration
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience within a health affiliated organization
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations; knowledge of First Nations’ people, history, culture, health priorities and social issues
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, verbal/written and computer communication skills
- Experience in people management, program development, governance, budget, resource management, and organizational skills
- Experience in Human Resource Management, recruitment/retention of physician and administrative personnel, workplan development, interviewing, hiring and
- Knowledge of employment legislation and compensation practices.
- Experiencing in management of funding agreements, obligations, legislation and accountability reporting
- Experience with budget management and fulfilling reporting obligations
- Exceptional computer experience including spreadsheets/database management, word processing and emails.
- Exceptional organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem solving expertise.
- Ability to communicate in one of the First Nation dialects of the Sioux Lookout region would be an asset
- Oversee the negotiation, preparation, implementation and monitoring of physician and PSPO contracts
- Ensure appropriate governance and management agreements are in place for the delivery of physician services.
- Ensure maintenance and implementation of SLRPSI Board and physician policies & procedures, governance, bylaws, etc
- Support the SLRPSI Board Strategic plan, vision, mission and values of regional physician services for the area
- Provide statistical information and reports to Physician Services Director and SLRPSI Board and SLFNHA Executive
- To establish and monitor the system that tracks all reporting requirement.
- Establish Quality Assurance and monitoring along with the SLFNHA Medical Director, Physician Services Director and Governance Committee
- Prepare required reports in collaboration with Finance and ensure submission to meet deadlines.
- Monitor the invoicing requirements of the physician agreements.
- Oversee and ensure preparation and submission of all required reports/forms for physician compensation monthly and annually
- Oversee OHIP billing obligations and compensation distribution
- Supervisor of identified positions within the physician contracts, OHIP billing, physician scheduling, recruitment, and office management.
- Serve as member on various physician committees (i.e. per diem, NPC working group, SLMHC ER Dept Head/COS meetings, etc.) and assist with planning for physician services.
- Liaison with communities and other organizations i.e.. MOH, HFO, OMA.
- Ensure completion of annual physician plan.
- Support the Annual Board report for the Board AGM
- Support the delivery of the Mainframe agreement and contribute to Mainframe renegotiation work
- Support communication requirements to communities and physicians
- Support program development activities as required
- Provide assistance with other assigned duties