The Northern Clinic Manager supervises and manages the day-to-day onsite operations of the Northern Clinic. The Northern Clinic Manager oversees the administrative and clinical functions within the Northern Clinic as well as short- and long-term planning functions of running a successful outpatient clinic.
The Clinic Manager is directly accountable to the Physician Services Director.
Salary range starting from $77,984 to a maximum of $100,369/yearly
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health, business or public administration
- Must have at least two years’ experience in a clinical setting or a medical office
- Nursing or medical experience recommended
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Understanding of the ethics of confidentiality
- Ability to work with scheduling and medical information software programs.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have exceptional people skills, ability to work with physicians, patients and staff and mediate between them
- Knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care
- Must be familiar with administrative policies in physician and medical offices
- Must have manager or supervisor experience
- Experience with assessments and employee management
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations culture and issues relevant to delivery of health care in the Sioux Lookout Zone.
- Ability to communicate in one or more of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout District will be an asset.
- Strong organization, scheduling and time management skills in dealing with patients, families, peers and health care professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle clinic’s routine operations. Plan the daily work that needs to be done and assigns the tasks to appropriate staff
- Create and execute clinic related human resource and finance objectives and patient service
- Guide and support participation in patient care delivery regularly
- Be a leader in patient advocacy and patient support and coordination of services
- Manage facilities, equipment, supplies, personnel and resources in relation to cost containment
- Execute clinical administrative policies and initiate action to enhance patient care
- Review and resolve concerns/complaints received from staff, visitors, patients and physicians
- Support policy formulation and execute budget by providing financial projections during budget development
- Execute productivity increase strategies and optimize clinical staff and procedure value
- Explain good workplace behaviour and identify issues and use resources to resolve
- Understand future staffing requirements and create, execute and support clinical staff recruitment and retention strategies
- Identify position specific job responsibilities and core competencies to create clear job descriptions
- Improve staff – patient interactions through patient satisfaction tools
- Handle environmental health and safety for clinic area
- Establish and administer clinic specific policies, protocols and oversee system standard work
- Maintains complete confidentiality regarding medical records and personal information. Provides ongoing education and review of confidentiality within the clinic environment with staff, nursing and physicians
- Provide day to day supervision to nursing and patient navigator.
- Work in collaboration with other Physician service area managers/supervisors
- Any other duties or tasks assigned.