Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Laundry Aide is responsible to maintain clean laundry at the hostel.
Starting Salary Rate: 19.707 per hour
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Will consider life experience/skills related to this position
- Secondary education preferred
- Ability to learn how to operate industrial washers and dryers
- Ability to work on your feet all day
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker
- Ability to learn WHMIS
- Sort dirty laundry according to type, load washers and program machines.
- Load Dryers
- Fold linen manually.
- Restocking and distribution of linen carts.
- Removal of damage linens from rooms.
- Follow cleaning schedule.
- Inventory control.
- Mentoring other staff to in order to cover for them.
- Participate in meetings for quality improvement projects and audits.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and others by practicing and promoting safe work habits by using personal protective equipment and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager.
- Help assist with stripping of beds and gathering towels in rooms when necessary
- Any other duties as assigned.
Closing Date: Open