6 Month Term, Full time
The Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention. Serving 33 First Nations in the area, SLFNHA supports and contributes to a strong health system by providing a variety of essential health services to the people of Northern and remote communities. The HR Assistant will report to the Human Resources Managers and assist with the daily running of the HR department as required.
Starting Salary: $27.481 per hour
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Certificate or Diploma in Human Resources and/or Office Administration or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in Health and Safety Committee work will be considered an asset
- Experience working with Benefits administration is an asset.
- Experience working in a First Nations community and ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout Zone is an asset.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office a must including Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to earn and retain client confidence
- Ability to be flexible with work duties and multitask varying roles
Knowledge and Ability:
- Provide program/administrative assistance to the Human Resources Department
- Prepare documents for distribution; letters, memorandums, work plans, minutes, reports and confidential correspondence
- Provide assistance to the HR Managers, HR Advisors, Health and Safety Advisor and the Wellness and Training Coordinator as needed
- Assist with the implementation of staff training initiatives including onboarding activities/orientation, scheduling/assigning staff training, distribution of surveys, course set up and delivery, auditing and/or tracking course completion
- Assist HR with filing, creating employee files, updating HR programs as required
- Adherence to confidentiality requirements
- Available to assist with all aspects of the HR office when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Closing Date: Open to Filled
|Job Category||Human Resources|