The Health Record Data Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of Health Records data entry duties, as well as other Health Records related duties as assigned.
The Health Records Data Clerk reports to the Health Records Coordinator.
This is a 6 month term position with possibility of extension.
The annual salary range for this position is $45,686 to $55,621 based upon 1,820 hours/year.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1) CHRA)
- Medical Records Assistant Certificate/Diploma
- 1-2 year’s work experience in a medical office/setting is preferable
- Working knowledge of computer word processing programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Medical terminology is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Good working knowledge and experience in time management and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in one or more of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout region will be an asset
- Applicants should note that proof of COVID-19 immunizations is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Copy, scan, label and distribute all in/outpatient health records data.
- Keep community physician MRP status current.
- Assist with release of information, death certificates, etc.
- Assist in checking and filing all golden rod HL7 reports in OSCAR.
- Check all mismatched results in OSCAR and forward to appropriate physicians.
- Verify, correct, and maintain all patient demographics (including MRP status) in OSCAR and add new patient charts as required.
- Monitor and correct labs/documents/results going into wrong patient charts in OSCAR and make necessary changes.
- Reply to any messages regarding problems with incoming results/reports or direct accordingly.
- Identify duplicate charts in OSCAR and ensure all contents of chart have been placed on one correct chart.
- Ensure security of patient confidentiality by maintaining a secure workstation and keeping current on all health information policy and procedures.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs relating to health records to the Health Records Coordinator.
- Photocopying of records/documents for billing purposes.
- Assist with monitoring consultation area in OSCAR and maintain accordingly.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assist with other health record duties when necessary.
|Job Category||Administrative, Health Worker|