Finance Analyst is primarily responsible for Jordan’s principle individual equipment purchasing, preparing financial statements, preparing, and managing proposals / budgets, monitoring and reporting developmental pediatrician physician billings, accounts payables, reconciling accounts, filing returns and for generally supporting the accounting processes for SLFNHA in a segregated internal control environment.
The Finance Analyst (Jordan’s Principle) is directly accountable to the Director of Developmental Services and the Finance Lead.
Location: This position is located in Sioux Lookout, however, flexibility will be considered for remote/on-line home-based office (at this time) for applicants living in communities easily accessible to the Sioux Lookout office. E.g., Dryden/Kenora and surrounding areas.
The salary for this position is $55, 966 to $68, 137 /per year based upon 1, 820 hours per year.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 2 years combined experience in accounting and finance.
- Previous experience strongly desired in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed their CPA (CA /CGA/ CMA) designation or at an advanced level.
- Proficient in the following areas; generally accepted accounting principles and fund accounting for not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in preparation of financial statements, budgets, detailed billings, and reports
- Working with Public health/First Nations health administration and government funding agreements preferred.
- In depth working knowledge of computerized accounting programs, specifically Sage 300 ERP GL/AP/AR/PO/Reporting modules.
- High level of reasoning, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, web-based financial applications and email at a highly proficient level. Pivot, VLookUp and Macros experience preferred.
- Effective organization skills combined with excellent time and stress management.
- Excellent prioritizing and workflow / delegation skills
- Effective verbal, listening, presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and must be honest, trustworthy, respectful, and flexible with sound work ethics. The incumbent must further possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Within the framework of the Management Agreement, oversee the day-to-day accounting operations to ensure that SLFNHA’s records are maintained (both the computerized accounting and hard copy records) in an organized, accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain the General Ledger and Financial Reporter
- Prepare, code ,review, or approve accounting transactions (e.g., Batch reports) for proper distributions and accuracy.
- Purchasing and Payables, while ensuring net30 payment (excluding physicians).
- Funding agreements, revenues, and budgets, including timely collection of same
- Proper record keeping for HST rebates; prepare and file monthly / quarterly HST rebate returns in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain all government remittances and corporate compliance reporting.
- Maintain properly organized financial and corporate governance files.
- Monitor and manage cash flow and banking agreements to ensure working capital is sufficient to meet operational obligations.
- Monitor current account and all other bank activity daily.
- Review, code, reconcile and adjust monthly physician billings on a timely basis.
- Working in conjunction with the Developmental Pediatrician and the Director of Developmental services , maintain accurate and detailed invoice submissions for MOH and for internal Accounts Receivable processing, pertaining to Jordan’s principle.
- Review and approve physician contracted service payments for submission to Accounts Payable for processing
- Prepare bank reconciliations and credit card purchases.
- Prepare, reconcile, and monitor aged payables and receivables activity.
- Make all individual equipment purchases for Jordan’s principle following established workflow utilizing credit card and purchases requisitions. Create vendor arrangements where possible.
- Promote a quality management environment and facilitate audit, compliance and accountability activities including government and funder audits while ensuring that obligations under the Management Agreement., by-laws, policies and procedures are met.
- Establish, maintain, document, and monitor all internal controls, workflows and procedures; support the development/update of financial policies.
- Liaise with the Finance / Audit committee as well as internal and external auditors.
- Support the finance staff and program managers in defining, measuring, and improving processes that impact the quality of services or that influence operating efficiency.
- Provide advice and recommendations on accounting and internal control matters.
- Provide financial analysis and reporting.
- Prepare, analyze, and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and variance reports to the Developmental Services Director
- Prepare schedules and reports for funders and assist in preparing work plan .
- Ensure all activities are properly budgeted; assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts at a program level as required.
- Provide strategic analysis as needed to support effective decision making.
- Other duties as required or assigned ( either by direct or indirect supervisor).