Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
• Minimum Grade 12
• Front Desk experience an asset
• An ability to understand and speak one or more of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout district: Cree, Ojibway and/or Oji-Cree an asset
• Knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbe way of life, culture and language.
• A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
• Must be able to assume responsibility and certain decision-making for others
• Must have demonstrated abilities in office procedures and basis computer literacy
Knowledge and Ability:
1. Overall care of the clients during their stay at the Hostel by:
• Ensuring that all clients are treated with respect and dignity
• Providing client(s) with all necessary information regarding transportation, accommodation and translations
• Ensuring that clients’ stay is as safe and comfortable
• Making every effort to substitute for the support of family and community
• Ensure that escorts for clients are provided accommodation.
• Ensuring that the elderly, children and those not capable of looking after themselves receive individual support as required
• Providing translation, when appropriate, for elders and other residents.
• Ensuring that clients respect the privacy, safety and comfort of other clients
• Arrange commercial accommodation as per procedure.
2. Processing of client and client information during their stay at the hostel by:
• Ensuring that all clients are admitted to and discharged from the Hostel as outlined in appropriate procedures and that proper up-to-date records are kept of each admission and release
• Ensuring that all clients are properly oriented to their stay at the Hostel.
• Ensuring that all patient clients are aware of their appointments, and that proper records are maintained to monitor status of clients medical attention during stay at hostel
• Check house list to ensure who is in the building matches with date and warrant numbers
• Ensure all information is inputted into JMK Database System
• Give out meal tickets to the appropriate clients
• Complete room checks between with security
3. Performing other duties such as:
• Processing clients, monitoring clients, tracking clients and assisting the Dispatch Clerk with ensuring the clients are on the transportation/pick up list
• Determining whereabouts of clients and providing such information to family, counselling unit, and medical/hospital staff when requested to do so
4. Any other tasks assigned