Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager (Ref #2022-21)
The Approaches to Community Wellbeing is a regional resource to 31 First Nations Communities. The Approaches to Community Wellbeing provides expertise, support, services, and programming in public health to the region. The program also supports communities in the development, implementation, and monitoring of their own Approaches to Community Wellbeing. The Raising our Children section of the model includes Family Health, Youth Development, and Building Healthy Relationships
The Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager will provide oversight and direction for the Roots for Community Wellbeing programming of the Approaches to Community Wellbeing. The Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager will oversee the regional services provided by the Roots for Community Wellbeing Team, and will work with communities to enhance their capacity around planning, evaluation, data, and research initiatives.
The Roots for Community Wellbeing Manager is directly accountable to the Director of Approaches to Community Wellbeing.
This is a term position until December 29, 2023.
The salary for this position is $92,894 to a maximum of $119,559/annum.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Master’s degree in relevant field, preferably with a focus in population, community or public health.
- Six years experience in public health or relevant community health experience.
- Understanding of the unique determinants of health for First Nations in northwestern Ontario, and the health landscape in which they seek services;
- Ability to develop and maintain respectful/cooperative relationships with First Nations people, communities, service stakeholders, and health care providers to promote an integrated seamless delivery of service
- Experience and training in cultural competency with First Nations
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated project/program management, interpersonal and administrative skills, including the ability to set priorities, establish timeframes, and organize resources.
- Demonstrated research and knowledge exchange, program evaluation, population health assessment, and surveillance skills.
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Experience in developing and supporting collaborative relationships with different groups or agencies.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues diplomatically and confidentially.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member.
- Experience with word processing, presentation software, email, internet/intranet usage, spreadsheets and database software.
- Experience managing budgets and fulfilling reporting requirements to funders
- Ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects within the Sioux Lookout Zone an asset;
- Must be willing to travel;
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work with the ACW Director and Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees to enhance Roots for Community Wellbeing Team
- Provide supervision and direction to Roots for Community Wellbeing staff by:
- Ensuring communication practices are clear and in place
- Providing effective problem solving and conflict resolution as required
- Administering, monitoring, and ensuring adherence to organizational policies and procedures
- Appraising employee job results
- Providing ongoing coaching, advice, motivation, and technical support
- Identify and support professional development and training of staff
- Monitor work plan and finances of Roots for Community Wellbeing
- Managing the development of annual work plans and reports
- Conduct ongoing program planning with the Roots for Community Wellbeing staff
- Assist in the preparation of an annual budget for each program area as per service goals and objectives
- Monitor budget variances
- Monitor and ensure proper financial coding
- Assist with the preparation and submission of funding requests and reports
- Coordinate the ongoing promotion of Roots for Community Wellbeing
- Manage preparation, maintenance, and submission of all correspondence, reports and briefing notes
- Conduct presentations as needed
- Coordinate and Supervise Roots for Community Wellbeing services
- Plan, develop and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the goals of the program efficiently and effectively
- Liaise with leadership, frontline workers, health care providers and other service workers in communities to collaboratively support planning, evaluation, data collection, data communication, policy, and research initiatives.
- Facilitate delivery of Roots for Community Wellbeing services to support communities
- Participate and direct delivery of training, educational, and capacity building activities for all communities related to Roots for Community Wellbeing
- Action community concerns and requests appropriately
- In conjunction with the Director of Approaches to Community Wellbeing and the Public Health Physician, develop regional policies, objectives, and standards for Roots for Community Wellbeing
- Support program and service evaluation and quality improvement
- Evaluate the effectiveness, acceptability, availability and cost efficiency of Roots for Community programming
- Support other Approaches to Community Wellbeing managers in evaluating the effectiveness, acceptability, availability and cost efficiency of their programming
- Support other managers in using evidence and strategic planning processes to plan effective programs
- Ensure that systems are in place to monitor the delivery of health services relevant to Approaches to Community Wellbeing services offered to the First Nations communities
- Support the Director of Approaches to Community Wellbeing, Public Health Physician, and other managers in developing and implementing quality improvement mechanisms
- Represent the organization as required in various settings:
- Represent SLFNHA on external committees or at meetings as needed
- Conduct presentations to various stakeholders and at conferences and meetings, as appropriate
- Conduct community visits on a regular basis
- Understand the organizations mandate and be able to convey in forums as required
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org