Rehabilitation Assistant(s) (Community Based)
Under SLFNHA’s Developmental Services, the Rehabilitation Assistant(s) will provide services to clients with treatment plans. The Rehabilitation Assistant(s) will also provide support to clients in their respective communities. The Rehabilitation Assistant(s) will also provide support to individuals and families by follow-up, monitoring and carrying out services as directed by the Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapy or Speech Language Pathologists.
The Rehabilitation Assistant(s) will be accountable to the Program Manager and the Rehab Professionals.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
Starting salary at $32.750 per hour.
- Two years’ experience in a health or education services environment
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Good working knowledge and experience in time management, excellent organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills and experience with word processing and database management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and be a team player
- Knowledge of the First Nations people, culture and mental health priorities of the First Nations communities in the Sioux Lookout area
- Experience and understanding of Anishinawbe cultural issues, geographical realities and social conditions with the northern remote First Nation communities.
- Community contacts in the northern remote communities
- Ability to work effectively with multiple disciplines (with a knowledge of other community health and social services)
- Knowledge of Anishinawbe language an asset
- To support and carry out therapy plans for clients
- To monitor progress and report appropriately through documentation or consultation
- To support the identification of new clients and make referrals
- To support in filling in appropriate paperwork for health and social needs
- To assist with the coordination of clinics and home visits for visiting professionals
- On job training will be provided
- Any other duties assigned
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.