The Developmental Services is a regional resource to 33 First Nations Communities. The Developmental Services brings together a diverse group of health care professionals to work together collaboratively to help meet the individual and complex needs of clients 0-18 and adults with developmental disabilities. They deliver allied health professional care to help clients with the developmental needs. They also empower clients and their families to be active participants in working towards their developmental goals.
The Receptionist/Scheduler reports to the Program Manager of Developmental Services.
1. Perform front desk receptionist duties, such as greeting, check-in and checking-out clients, verifying information, scheduling follow-up appointments, organizing transportation etc.
2. Must perform covid screening protocols for all individuals going into the developmental services building.
3. Answering the phone, taking messages and directing to appropriate team members, other internal services and external services
4. Attend to client needs first while still adhering to other responsibilities
5. Communicate with members of the public when an inquiry is made
6. Facilitate client flow (i.e. notifying provider of delays / clients’ arrival, arranging transportation)
7. Schedule individual client appointments and client group activities as directed.
8. Organize and assist team members with scheduling meetings, tele/video conferences.
9. Maintain the wellsky appointment schedule -Coordinate and communicate with clients and staff to ensure availability and feasibility of appointment times and services to be rendered.
10. Complete and send notices of appointments to Nursing Stations, NIHB and referral sources as requested
11. Prepare and distribute accommodation and discharge slips
12. Order equipment, office supplies and other inventories that are required.
o Manage the PPE supplies for the staff for in office and for travel.
o Maintain the client snack and luncheon supplies.
o Manage the department swag materials
13. Monitor the SPOT messaging system for staff traveling during the day.
14. Assist with document entry into Mustimuhw – client information system.
15. Collect, sort and distribute mail; faxing, copying, and printing documents.
16. Keep the reception area clean and always organized
17. Data collection and assistance with special projects as requested
18. Participate in meetings and help at department functions as requested.
19. Take minutes and intradepartmental huddles & meetings
20. Other duties as deemed necessary