Physician Contracts Lead – Ref #2023-132
Under the Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA) Physician Services management agreement, the Physician Contracts Lead role works within the vision, mission and values of the Sioux Lookout Regional Physicians’ Services Inc. (SLRPSI) supporting the delivery of regional physician services to the Sioux Lookout Area (31 First Nation communities, Sioux Lookout region).
The Physician Contracts Lead will work closely with the management team to ensure effective and efficient administration of physician contract services. The Physician Contracts Lead will monitor all physician contracts; oversee and process all required areas of the physician compensation. Complete and submit all reporting requirements.
The Physician Contracts Lead will work in partnership with the Physician Services Manager, to oversee and supervise the scheduling components of regional services, to ensure scheduling meets all the SLRPSI obligations requiring staffing of physician human resources within the area agreement. This includes the scheduling requirements of all contracted physicians/Physician Service Provider Organization’s (PSPO), locum and short-term contracts.
The Physician Contracts Lead is directly accountable to the Physician Services Manager.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- Diploma in Business Administration is preferred with a combination of experience consisting of 2 years of healthcare administration including finance.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- Knowledge of employment legislation and compensation practices.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database, and emails. (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel)
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, be detail orientated and accuracy focused.
- Analytical skills for program data and financial information.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience is a supervisory or manager role is an asset
- Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem-solving expertise.
- Ability to communicate in one of the First Nation dialects of the Sioux Lookout region would be an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations; knowledge of the First Nations’ people, history, culture, health priorities and social issues.
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare all physician contracts and monitor the reporting requirements.
- Ensure privileges and other necessary documents (approvals) are in place prior to physicians’ starting their work commitment in the region.
- Complete and submit necessary MOH registrations for new physicians, for monthly reporting and annual reporting, example: Community Acceptance Letters.
- Support physician recruitment and retention activities within the organization.
- Work collaboratively with physician recruitment and physician leadership.
- Complete annual updating of all files.
- Provide frequent updates/reports to Physician Services Manager (PSM) and Director, Physician Services.
- Ensure SLRPSI Physicians policy and procedures are adhered to including the scheduling and invoicing guidelines.
- Supervision of physician scheduling staff; and work collaboratively with physician travel and physician accommodations staff to ensure all components of physician’s visit are met.
- Participate and be available for the after-hours scheduling rotation.
- Work collaboratively with the scheduling and management teams to ensure all the obligations are met with physician human resources for the region.
- Prepare all required reports in collaboration with Finance and ensure timely submissions to meet deadlines to MOH, HFO, Board, physicians and PSPO Managers.
- Monthly Physician Tracking Days
- Monthly MOH Summary
- Monthly Community Request for Locum Services
- Establish, maintain, and monitor the compensation system: accounting spreadsheet process, and tracking for physician compensation; monthly and annually.
- Working closely with Finance Analysts on monthly compensation, tracking and reporting requirements to MOH and physicians.
- Review and reconcile physician work records against published schedule and ensure accurate data entry.
- Monitor physician work records against contract commitments and report variances.
- Prepare monthly invoices templates for regional physicians.
- Maintain and share the invoicing guidelines document.
- Provide physician invoice orientations to all new physicians in the region.
- Work the PSM on annual per diem budget, clear role/responsibility definitions of roles to meet per diem compensation.
- Monitor the annual per diem allocation/budget and report variances to Manager/Director.
- Support the statistical reporting requirements and reports.
- PSP Monthly Report
- Annual FTE Allocations
- Annual Report to SLFNHA and SLRPSI
- Monthly Physician Services Newsletter
- Support communication requirements to communities and physicians.
- Support program development initiatives/activities as required.
- Provide assistance with other assigned duties.
Closing Date: Until Filled