Primary Care Team Clerk (Ref #2023-003)
The Primary Care Team is a regional resource to First Nations Communities in the Sioux Lookout area and the community of Sioux Lookout. The Primary Care Team brings together a diverse group of health care professionals to work together collaboratively to help meet the individual and complex needs of clients. They deliver primary care to assist clients with the specific health care goals and needs, ranging from managing chronic disease, to addressing complex health needs, to helping a client deal with a life challenge that is negatively impacting their health. These teams also empower clients and their families to be active participants in working towards their health care goals.
Under the direction of the Primary Care Team Administrative Manager, the PCT Clerk is responsible for the coordination of administrative duties for PCT Allied Health Professionals. In addition, the PCT Clerk will build client relations and assist with various referral, telehealth, and electronic medical record duties. PCT Clerk must have excellent public relations skills, communication skills, clerical skills, computer skills, and the ability to work in a demanding team environment.
The PCT Clerk is directly accountable to the POD Manager, Primary Care Team.
Salary: $52,078 – $63,404 per annum.
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Education: Minimum Grade 12 and/or post-secondary education in a health services field or equivalent working experience;
- Experience in the use of email, internet and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work independently with the flexibility to work as part of a team.
- Ability to set priorities and meet tight deadline
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Knowledge of the remote/isolated communities and the health priorities of the First Nations communities in the Sioux Lookout Health Authority catchment area.
- Ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout Zone would be an asset.
- Experience working with First Nations communities in the Sioux Lookout Zone would be an asset.
- Diploma/Certificate/Degree in a health-related field would be an asset
- Experience working with an Electronic Medical Record would be an asset
- Experience in file management:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with frontline workers, health care providers and other service workers in communities to assist in the facilitation for the delivery of Primary Care services
- Assisting with the planning and coordinating of travel for clients and Allied Health Team
- Assisting with the planning and coordinating of the activities and schedules of PCT Allied Health Providers/ visiting consultants/specialty clinics that are organized through the Primary Care Team
- Assistance to Consultant’s when on-site and off-site
- Completing intake with the client and family (if applicable) and ensure the referral and supporting documents are forwarded to the appropriate health professional
- Liaise with clients/families, Allied Health Providers and, as directed, action concerns and requests appropriately
- Entering of data/visit information into the Electronic Health Record
- Perform routine clerical tasks such as copying, faxing, filing, general typing
- Participate in multi-disciplinary health team activities/case conferences
- Participate as part of the multi-disciplinary team on clinic days
- Compile daily, monthly, annual Summary Reports
- Provide follow-up support & education to clients and families
- Assisting in other administrative coverage and Telehealth tasks as directed
- Other duties as assigned by the Primary Care Management Team
- SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com