Oral Health Treatment Coordinator (Ref # 2022-66)
The Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA) Oral Health Department is working towards building and implementing a new and improved dental program as part of Health Transformation for the SLFNHA communities. Due to the closure of the Indigenous Services Canada, Zone Dental Clinic, SLFNHA has determined it to be a priority to open an interim comprehensive dental clinic that will provide care to urban and on-reserve First Nation clients in Sioux Lookout, Ontario. The SLFNHA dental clinic services will include varying levels of sedation, diagnostics, restorative care, extractions, prosthodontics, endodontics, urgent after-hours care and preventative services such as periodontal treatment, cleanings, sealants and oral health education. The four operatory dental clinic has one surgical operatory/recovery room, two dental operatories and one hygiene operatory. The clinic will be complete with digital charting/radiography, a panorex/ceph machine, lab, sterilization room, and staff room.
The Oral Health Treatment Coordinator (OHTC) will be responsible for coordinating children’s dental surgery appointments at the Meno-Ya-Win Health Centre and will expand once the SLFNHA Dental Clinic is established and operating. The OHTC will assist with:
- Understanding of the oral health care system
- Liaison and advocacy
- Supporting the Oral Health Care team, to identify opportunities, linkages, and partners to assist in the health care pathway for clients
The Oral Health Treatment Coordinator is directly accountable to the Oral Health Services Manager.
This position is for a full-time six (6) month term.
The salary for this position is $57,869 to a maximum of $70,454/annum.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Dental or other allied healthcare certification, diploma or experience
- Experience working with Indigenous people and Northern Communities
- Strong computer skills; word processing and data management
- Excellent time management and organization skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track referrals using dental practice management software.
- Keep client files current.
- Review referrals, health history and ensure established processes are followed when flagged medical history conditions or medications are present.
- Follow medical professional’s orders regarding treatment recommendations.
- Work in collaboration with reception to arrange referrals to specialist as required.
- Confirm surgical and pre-operative dates with Meno-Ya-Win Health Centre.
- Contact clients, parents/ guardians to book, confirm, change or cancel appointment dates in collaboration with reception.
- Work with clients, and parents/guardians, escort and other community partners within the circle of care to have any required paperwork completed.
- Book travel and notify client, and or parent/ guardian, escort and other partners in the circle of care
- Confirm COVID-19 vaccination status of client and parent/ guardian or escort.
- Provide client and/or parents or guardians or escort with instructions for all phases of the dental visit.
- In collaboration with reception, book short notice or replacement client when there are cancellations and notify partners of change in travel.
- Work with Jordan’s Principle to open a file for children who are not registered and are not entitled to a temporary B number.
- When treatment plan is completed, prepare for consultation by reviewing information and preparing treatment summary letter.
- Track workflow of all parts of patient referral process.
- Act as a liaison/client advocate.
- Provide reports as required and take part in audit process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional treatment coordinator duties that comply with the dental clinic needs.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com