The Office Assistant is primarily responsible for all aspects of office assistance including filing, reception, scheduling, billing etc. The Office Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of preliminary reports, spreadsheets; and assuring completion of all applicable tasks and compliance with organization policies. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
The Office Assistant will report directly to the Physician Services Administrator.
Salary range starting from $52,078 to a maximum of $63,404/year based upon 1,820 hours.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA).
Applicants must possess:
- Post-secondary diploma in office administration or a related field.
- Minimum two years of work experience in office administration or a related position.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Experience with schedule planning or a similar scheduling program is required.
- Excellent computer skills with intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to type and data entry.
- Proven ability to maintain data confidentiality.
- Able to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proficient with current electronic communication tools.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality in the handling of sensitive/confidential material strictly in confidence in accordance with SLFNHA Privacy and Policy Guidelines.</li.
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the appropriate administration of the documentation system; develop and update spreadsheets.
- Monitor assigned activities and/or program components for the purpose of ensuring effective department functioning, coordinating activities, and ensuring compliance with administrative requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of physician schedule.
- Assist with adjusting schedule as needed.
- Perform data entry as required.
- Audit, file, and enter new information on files and into appropriate databases.
- Assist with the planning and coordinating of physician work schedules.
- Match available and appropriate physician to shifts.
- Produce invoices for events based on the actual hours worked for all staff
- Assist with various administrative duties as needed including, but not limited to, filing, organizing office files and supplies, and other duties such as setting up new employee workstations
- Provide customer service to all levels of employees by responding to routine inquiries
- Provide admin back up to the Physician Recruiter in his/her absence.
- Assist Physician Recruiter in preparations for Recruitment events.
- Communicate with a variety of internal and external parties as required.
- Handle requests for information and data appropriately.
- Assist in resolution of administrative problems/ inquiries, and draft written responses to formal inquiries.
- Perform routine clerical tasks such as photocopying, faxing, filing, mailing and general typing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com