The Northern Mobile Ultrasound Program delivered ultrasound services to Sandy Lake and Pikangikum First Nation communities within the Sioux Lookout area. The program focused their delivery of service to Pikangikum and Sandy Lake due to a large volume of services required.
The Mobile Ultrasonographer will be responsible for addressing immediate and urgent community ultrasound needs to improve access to care and coordination between service providers. The Mobile Ultrasonographers are a vital member of the Multidisciplinary Health Care team. They co-ordinate, perform and evaluate Ultrasounds as ordered and within their college.
The Mobile Ultrasonographer is directly accountable to the Chief Operating Officer.
Salary range starting from $71,442 to a maximum of $91,949/yearly + $5,000 annual travel stipend.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Graduate of an approved training program with bachelor’s degree in Ultrasonography. New graduates are welcome to apply!
- Active membership with Sonography Canada and CMRITO registration required
- Current BLS registration preferred
- Ability to do General Ultrasound and small parts studies is required
- OBS High Risk experience an asset
- Ability to do Echo and breast ultrasound studies preferred
- Evidence of participation in ongoing education & professional development
- One to three years recent experience or knowledge of the health care system and community-based resources.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities. Experience and understanding of First Nations culture, and the geographic realities and social conditions within remote Indigenous communities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (word processing and date entry in Excel specifically.)
- Must be willing to travel.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scheduling of patients and sending worklist to Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) for order entry.
- Providing ultrasound exams for obstetrics, abdomen, pelvic/gyn and others as able.
- Ensuring case studies/images are downloaded to PACS network for radiologist reporting in SLMHC.
- Leaving copies of preliminary reports for prenatal and nurse in charge at Nursing Station.
- Available for emergency callbacks after hours while in the community.
- Prepare monthly and year end reporting.
- Must be familiar with equipment and competent in performing tests, preventative maintenance and documentation of results.
- Prepare the exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct examinations.
- Recognize and record the appropriate anatomy and pathology using sonographic equipment.
- Care properly for sonography equipment and report equipment failure.
- Alert appropriate medical staff of any abnormalities that need immediate attention.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects, and display flexibility in a fast-paced work environment.
- Display good work ethic and friendly and cheerful disposition.
- Maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality.
- Pursue professional development for the continual improvement of patient care.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
- Provide support to coordinate services based on community need and availability of accommodations and clinical space.
- Act as a resource to assist in providing culturally sensitive health care.
- Arrange travel to and from communities.
- Ensure equipment transportation.
- Notifying both the Diagnostic Imaging at SLMHC and northern Nursing Stations of the scheduled visit.
- Dealing with PACS and Meditech issues.
- Troubleshooting any equipment failures, contacting Mindray or Philips service reps if needed.
- Provide assistance and other duties as assigned.
As per policy, applicants should note that proof of COVID-19 immunizations is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to Human.email@example.com