Medical Office Assistant
The Medical Office Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties to Physicians and Northern Clinic services.
The Medical Office Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Medical Office Supervisor.
Salary range starting from $50,366 to a maximum of $61,319/yearly
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Diploma or certificate in Medical Office Administrative Assistant or equivalent;
- Previous experience (minimum 1- 2 years) in a Medical Office
- Proficient with medical terminology
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Previous experience working within an electronic medical record
- Strong knowledge of medical office practices and procedures
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical and clinic staff and the general public
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work in an office environment where work tasks for the day are multiple, interruptive, and priority changing
- Superior time management and organizational skills; very detail orientated
- Must have experience and understanding of Native culture, and the geographic realities and social conditions within remote First Nation communities
- Must be willing to relocate and/or live in Sioux Lookout
- As per policy, applicant should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day to day medical office administrative support to Physicians, other health professionals, residents/leaners and administrative staff
- Answer and efficiently/effectively administer all phone calls from Nursing Stations, Specialty Clinics, Patients and any other Health Care Services/Agencies
- Data enter and maintain current health records within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Assist/Complete any inquiry from within the circle of care
- Processing referral letters, which would include formatting, editing, editing for spelling and grammar, conciseness and accuracy, sending and follow up
- Set up patient appointment dates and times as needed
- Electronic filing and management of patient charts
- Contribute to the creation and maintain of office policies and procedures.
- Ongoing office duties i.e. Faxing, shredding, filing, mail, office supplies, etc.
- Maintaining strict patient confidentiality and adhere to policies and procedures in regard to the Privacy Act
- Any other duties assigned
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org