The Property Maintenance Staff will be responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of the SLFNHA properties (interior and exterior) that are owned, leased and rented as office and clinic space.
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Salary Range $25.596 – $31.600 per hour
Applicants must possess:
- Minimum grade 12 education and/or 2 years’ experience in building and property maintenance
- Education/experience as a journeyman in plumbing, electrical or heating would be an asset
- Possess carpentry, drywall and painting skills
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Able to operate power tools and equipment
Roles and Responsibilities:
- All season obligations including (but not limited to) snow removal for all building entrances, including sanding and salting as necessary, yard maintenance including grass cutting, general yard maintenance, garbage pick up, etc.
- Willing and able to travel to Northern First Nation communities several times a year to inspect facilities and complete small maintenance jobs at SLFNHA owned locations.
- Empty garbage cans outside building and ensure the grounds are clean and uniform at all times, this includes hauling garbage to the landfill as necessary.
- Responsible for moving (between sites), and at times disposing of office and clinic furniture as needed.
- General Patchwork and painting
- Responsible for minor plumbing and minor electrical repair
- Responsible for monitoring HVAC system to ensure in working order and to report to Supervisor if any problems
- Ensure all equipment is running and in good order; if required contact appropriate people for action
- Monitoring of interior air flows and temperatures and report to Supervisor if there is any problem
- Maintain records of equipment operations, maintenance and servicing schedules
- Ensure all interior/exterior doors and windows operate properly
- Assist in ordering and stocking supplies
- Weekly, monthly and annual inspections of all interior/exterior building components
- Inspect the facilities and report any findings regarding cleanliness, appearance and sanitary conditions
- Perform minor carpentry work to stairs, floors, ceiling, windows, doors, roofs, gutters, locks, rails, ramps, shelving etc.
- Report building deficiencies to Supervisor through the ticketing system
- Respond promptly and accurately to job related questions and complaints
- Assist in the delivery of supplies to the building and ensure that supplies are put into appropriate storage areas
- Assist specialized trades such as electricians, elevator operators, plumbers, etc.
- Be willing and able to provide coverage during the absence of other Maintenance staff and/or Manager
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
Closing Date: Open to Filled
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org