Under the direction of the Team Leader, the Senior Housekeeper is responsible for the overall training and orientation of Housekeeping Aides and provides day-to-day assistance to them. The Senior Housekeeper will work collaboratively with the Team Leader on new policies and procedures and act on behalf of the Team Leader in his/her absence. Core competencies include:
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
- Written and oral communication skills acceptable to the employer that meet the requirements of the role of Housekeeper
- Experience in housekeeping an asset
- Ability to work on your feet all day
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker
Knowledge and Ability:
- Daily cleaning of client rooms, residents, public, office areas following job routines
- Daily cleaning of patients, residents, public and office areas following job routines.
- Weekly, monthly, yearling cleaning routines (include regular checks including Sharps containers and soap dispensers.
- Request supplies or pick up supplies as needed.
- Education component throughout the year including Health and Safety, Hostel/department policy and procedures as well as workshops
- Coordinate and participate in the training of new staff.
- Fill out maintenance requisitions or call maintenance with concerns ad equipment breakdowns.
- Participate in and monitor quality improvement projects and audits.
- Be available for call-in lists as needed.
- To be flexible in the job routine and be challenged by new requests and ongoing changes to the job as delegated by the Manager or other departments as needed.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the Health and Safety of yourself and others, by practicing and promoting safe work habits, by using personal protective equipment and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your Manager.
- Responsible for the inspection of rooms for various pests and respond appropriately to the discovery of pest activity. In conjunction with the Team Leader, the Senior Housekeeper will coordinate communications with NW Pest Control in terms of regulars inspections and whatever mitigations are required.
- Assume primary responsibility for steam-cleaning and maintaining carpets through the building and in all rooms.
- Supervise and coordinate Sharps collection of disposal boxes in the rooms, staff and public washrooms.
- Assume a role of ensuring quality control by inspecting rooms following both “check-out” and “stay” cleanings.
- Assume a primary role in channeling communications between Housekeeping and Accommodations.
Other “special projects” as assigned.
Closing Date: Open till filled