The CSD Hostel Support Worker is directly accountable to the CSD – Benefits Manager.
The CSD Hostel Support Worker will be responsible for providing support services to all Hostel guests. You will be responsible for providing direct assistance to the clients and escorts, and any other services when required.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects in the Sioux Lookout Zone is an asset.
- Written and oral communication skills acceptable to the employer that meet the requirements of the role of Hostel Support Worker.
- Valid CPR and First Aid is an asset or must be willing to obtain.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide wellness services to guests, including but not limited to:
- Conducting wellness checks.
- Complete incident reports and required follow up.
- Work with all SLFNHA departments as necessary.
- Provide guest services, including but not limited to:
- Welcoming clients upon arrival, ensure greeting is conducted positively and in a professional manner.
- Assisting with luggage, checking in, checking out, any other client needs
- Provide hostel orientation to all incoming guests, including assisting them to use hostel amenities such as phones, laundry and other services.
- Assist guests and escort them to locations within the Hostel and hospital.
- Be primary guest contact, provide information about hostel facilities, activities, and services, refer clients to alternative SLFNHA programs such as Patient Navigation.
- Handle guest complaints, forward to relevant persons, assist Hostel Client Advocacy Representative in complaint process as directed.
- Ensure all departing clients have takeout food if unable to attend mealtimes.
- Assist guests accessing Hostel cafeteria services.
- Ensure all guests receive a Hostel guest questionnaire and ensure all comments are captured.
- Provide one-to-one assistance for elders waiting in the lobby as needed.
- General Duties of position
- Maintain working knowledge of the Hostel and its procedures.
- Assist the Dispatch, Reception and Accommodations department with telephone calls when required (cross training will be provided).
- Work as part of a team to reach client expectations/needs.
- Perform any other duties assigned.