Health Records Data Clerk
The Health Record Data Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of Health Records data entry duties, as well as other Health Records related duties as assigned.
The Health Records Data Clerk reports to the Health Records Coordinator.
The annual salary range for this position is $47,239 to $57,512 based upon 1,820 hours/year.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1) CHRA)
- Medical Records Assistant Certificate/Diploma
- 1-2 year’s work experience in a medical office/setting is preferable
- Working knowledge of computer word processing programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Medical terminology is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Good working knowledge and experience in time management and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in one or more of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout region will be an asset
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Copy, scan, label and distribute all in/outpatient health records data.
- Keep community physician MRP status current.
- Assist with release of information, death certificates, etc.
- Assist in checking and filing all golden rod HL7 reports in OSCAR.
- Check all mismatched results in OSCAR and forward to appropriate physicians.
- Verify, correct, and maintain all patient demographics (including MRP status) in OSCAR and add new patient charts as required.
- Monitor and correct labs/documents/results going into wrong patient charts in OSCAR and make necessary changes.
- Reply to any messages regarding problems with incoming results/reports or direct accordingly.
- Identify duplicate charts in OSCAR and ensure all contents of chart have been placed on one correct chart.
- Ensure security of patient confidentiality by maintaining a secure workstation and keeping current on all health information policy and procedures.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs relating to health records to the Health Records Coordinator.
- Photocopying of records/documents for billing purposes.
- Assist with monitoring consultation area in OSCAR and maintain accordingly.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assist with other health record duties when necessary.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com