Health Records Data Entry Clerk (Ref #2022-33)
The Health Record Data Entry Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of Health Records data entry duties, as well as other Health Records related duties as assigned.
The Health Records Data Entry Clerk is directly accountable to the Health Records Coordinator.
The hourly wage for this position is $25.956 to a maximum of $31.60/hour.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Medical Records Assistant Certificate/Diploma
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a medical office/setting
- Working knowledge of computer word processing programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Medical terminology is an asset
- Recognition/Knowledge of health record documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Good working knowledge and experience in time management and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in one or more of the First Nations dialects of Sioux Lookout will be an asset
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Copy, scan, label and distribute all health records data.
- Keep community physician MRP status current.
- Assist with release of information, death certificates, etc.
- Assist in checking and filing all golden rod HL7 reports in Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Check all mismatched results in EMR and forward to appropriate physicians.
- Verify, correct and maintain all patient demographics in EMR and add new patient charts as required.
- Monitor and correct labs/documents/results filed in error in EMR
- Reply to any messages regarding problems with incoming results/reports or direct accordingly.
- Identify duplicate charts in EMR and ensure all contents of chart have been placed on one correct chart.
- Ensure security of patient confidentiality by maintaining a secure work station and keeping current on all health information policy and procedures.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs relating to health records to the Health Records Coordinator.
- Photocopying of records/documents for billing purposes.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assist with other health record duties when necessary.
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org