Early Childhood Screening Coordinator
The Early Childhood Screening Coordinator is one of the Raising our Children team members in the Approaches to Community Wellbeing. The Early Childhood Screening Coordinator works alongside the other members of the Raising our Children team and Developmental Services to support healthy child development, provide early childhood screening and assessment, and build the capacity of community-based workers to support healthy child development.
The Early Childhood Screening Coordinator is directly accountable to the Raising our Children Manager.
Salary range starting from $69,093 to a maximum of $88,926 based upon 1,820 hours per year.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Education equivalent to completion of a University (Bachelor) Program. Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, nursing, social work, or other closely related field
- 3 to 6 years experience in administering early childhood screens, such as the ASQ, Rourke, Looksee, etc.
- A lifelong learner who is highly conscientious and committed to a high quality of evidence- based practice and ongoing professional learning
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all members of the Approaches to Community Wellbeing, community based staff and community members
- Skilled in program development, research, report writing, and computer literacy
- Experience and understanding of First Nations culture, history, the geographic realities, health priorities and social conditions within remote First Nations’ communities
- Experience of having worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, internal and external to the organization to achieve successful outcomes through excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to develop and maintain respectful, cooperative working relationships with First Nations people, communities, service workers and health care providers
- Ability to work well independently and with teams and to exercise good judgment
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality requirements; to perform the physical demands of the job; demonstrate initiative, and with excellent judgment and prioritizing skills
- Ability to take initiative, be adaptable, multi task, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience working in a First Nations communities and ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout Zone is an asset
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Raising our Children team and the Developmental Services program to develop and implement an early childhood screening strategy.
- Oversee early childhood screening program development and ensure that program components such as partnerships, proposals and reporting requirements are met.
- Provide oversight for evaluation and data management strategies.
- Provide oversight for training plans and communications with communities.
- Develop policies and protocols for early childhood screening programs.
- Coordinate community outreach opportunities and community engagement.
- Identify and develop regional and/or community level partnerships in support of healthy child development.
- Coordinate and support tracking tools, data collection and analytics for reporting.
- Lead early childhood screening program evaluation.
- Provide ongoing operational program adaptation and support.
- Support screening as community capacity is built, and fill in gaps as necessary.
- Provide expert advice, technical consultation, and continuing education to SLFNHA staff, key stakeholders, and communities relating to healthy child development.
- Provide supervision and support to Child Development Educators.
- Represent SLFNHA , Approaches to Community Wellbeing and Developmental Services on relevant working groups and/or at relevant meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com