The Dispatch Clerk is responsible for dispatching all client ground transportation in the Sioux Lookout area, coordinating delivery service and directing all transportation to NIHB Clerks. The Dispatch Clerk will also be responsible for arranging transportation for discharged prior approved CSD clients when non-insured staff is not available.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- Must be available for all shifts, Shifts include early morning, days, evenings and weekends
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
- Written and oral communication skills acceptable to the employer that meet the requirements of the role of Dispatch Clerk
- Experience in frontline Customer Service and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to gain and maintain clearance to the Medical Transportation Record System (MTRS).
- Demonstrated computer skills, ability to use Microsoft office products and accurately type data.
- Ability to speak in a first Nations dialect of the Sioux Lookout Region would be an asset (Ojibway/Oji-Cree/Cree)
- Able to problem solve, use good judgment, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work independently and work well within a team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Fax all discharge papers to the Discharge Department daily
- Dispatch and coordinate all ground transportation for clients while in Sioux Lookout
- Update and maintain pick up list.
- Ensure the clients are met in a timely manner, delivered to their appropriate destination and are connected to their appointment or agency
- Ensure Driver/Interpreters are aware of all known client conditions that require special attendance and care
- Maintain communication by being in contact with the Airport Interpreter to advise the clerk of all incoming and outgoing clients
- Liaison with accommodations and airport interpreter, drivers and other service providers
- Participate and contribute to regular staff development activities and staff meetings
- Work as a team member with co-workers, SLFNHA staff and other organizations
- Complete paperwork as necessary as well as submit incident reports to supervisor when necessary
Closing Date: Open to Filled