Director of Information Communication Technology
The ICT (Information Communication Technology) Director is responsible for the effective operations of Information Technology (IT) services, Communications and Information Management departments. The ICT Director will provide leadership to ensure IT, Communications and Information Management program objectives are met through overall planning, development, implementation, effective service delivery, collaboration, and through evaluation of program activities. This position will manage all staff and oversee consultants
This individual oversees project management, resource management, as well as communication with the executive team, and end users. The ICT Director is also responsible for strategic and tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
The ICT Director is directly accountable to the Chief Administrative Office
Salary range for this position is $106,911 – 137,600
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Post-Secondary education in computer science, Information Technology, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required
- 8 years of direct work experience in an IT management capacity required
- Additional education and experience in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism would be given preference
- Knowledge and understanding of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the Archives and Record Keeping Act (ARA)
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, servers, and communication management
- Advanced knowledge of Web design/application principles and tools
- Good overall knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms, including: SQL, HTML and Linux.
- Proficiency with health information databases
- Proficiency with networks, firewalls, encryption, and other aspects of network security technologies
- Highly effective project management skills
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations
- Experience managing budgets
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish the vision, mission, and strategy for IT, Communications and Information Management teams
- Plan, develop, and manage all services, programs, and support
- Develop sourcing and evaluation program for technological equipment and software
- Build relationships with vendors and create cost-efficient contracts
- Develop and manage annual budget for IT, Communication and Information Management departments as well as providing quarterly reporting
- Hire and supervise teams help guide the professional development of personnel.
- Oversee Health Informatics and Privacy department operations
- Ensures that organisational identity and values are maintained and are visual
- Always works in best interests of SLFNHA protecting identity of organisation
- Provides technical expertise and responds to inquiries and requests for information on privacy related organizational practices from internal and external stakeholders, and provides advice on compliance with these practices
- Review current privacy practices to assess risk and recommend mitigation strategies
- Conducts policy gap analysis against legislation and evolving best practices
- Interprets laws, regulations, policies, standards, and orders to determine the organization’s rights and obligations in relation to privacy
- Assist by developing and promoting privacy practices and standards through privacy reviews
- Implement, sustain, monitor and improve a comprehensive privacy program in a complex healthcare environment;
- Ensure organizational compliance with relevant privacy, information access, and records management legislation including the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the Archives and Record Keeping Act (ARA).
- Prepare and issue briefing notes, background documents, and discussion papers for review and discussion with the Board of Directors as required.
- Oversee the implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs.
- Lead strategic and tactical planning for IT, Communications and Information Management teams
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on the implementation of appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity.
- Oversee project management: including clear capture of organization requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project completions.
- Stay up to date on emerging trends, technology, and developments that provide clear benefits to the organization, and/or clients.
- Create and deliver business cases for technology acquisitions.
- Participate in Senior Management meetings
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com