Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Dietary Aide is to meet the dietary needs of the Hostel clients.
Hours: Must be available for all shifts, Shifts include early morning, days, evenings and weekends
Starting Salary Rate: $20.377 per hour
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA
Applicants must possess:
- Will consider life experience/skills related to this position Secondary education preferred
- Experience in a dietary setting an asset
- Ability to work on your feet all day
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker
- Ability to learn WHMIS
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow menu/recipes to meet the daily menu requirement for clients.
- Clean and maintain dining area.
- Make sure to restock before end of shift (Juice, Coffee, water, etc.).
- Work as a team when preparing for meal service and cleanup after meals.
- Work as a team in putting away supplies and mark down when supplies are low.
- Daily temperature checks on dishwasher and let Cook Team Leader know of any problems.
- Help Prepare snacks and various food items.
- Follow cleaning schedule, cleaning dietary area and equipment, washing dishes etc.
- To help in the ongoing training of staff.
- Education component throughout the year, Health and Safety, policy and procedures, workshops, etc.
- To be flexible in the job routine and be challenged by new requests and ongoing changes to the job as delegated by the Manager.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and others, by practicing and promoting safe work habits by using personal protective equipment and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager.
- Sweep and wash floors when necessary
- Ensure cleanliness of hot food steam tables
- Any other duties as assigned
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment.
Closing Date: Open till filled
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org