Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Dietary Aide is to meet the dietary needs of the Hostel clients.
- Client focused
- Energy and stress
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Operation equipment
- Ethics and integrity
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow menu/recipes to meet the daily menu requirement for clients.
- Clean and maintain dining area.
- Make sure to restock before end of shift (Juice, Coffee, water, etc.).
- Work as a team when preparing for meal service and cleanup after meals.
- Work as a team in putting away supplies and mark down when supplies are low.
- Daily temperature checks on dishwasher and let Cook Team Leader know of any problems.
- Help Prepare snacks and various food items.
- Follow cleaning schedule, cleaning dietary area and equipment, washing dishes etc.
- To help in the ongoing training of staff.
- Education component throughout the year, Health and Safety, policy and procedures, workshops, etc.
- To be flexible in the job routine and be challenged by new requests and ongoing changes to the job as delegated by the Manager.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and others, by practicing and promoting safe work habits by using personal protective equipment and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager.
- Sweep and wash floors when necessary
- Ensure cleanliness of hot food steam tables
- Any other duties as assigned
- Written and oral communication skills acceptable to the employer that meet the requirements of the role of Dietary
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis
- Experience in a dietary setting an asset
- Ability to work on your feet all day
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts, both inside and outside the organization, with people who may be able to supply information, assistance, or support for work-related goals. This includes building and maintaining friendly, warm relationships or a network of contacts with people who are, or might someday be, helpful in achieving work-related goals.
- Taking the initiative to exceed (external and internal) client expectations constantly and consistently.
- Making decisions and/or taking action that recognizes the organization`s unique integrated pattern of behaviors and characteristics.
- Working with others to share expertise and achieve outcomes that benefit the organization; stepping in to fill necessary roles that others are unable or unwilling to do; demonstrating strong communication skills to others on the team through active listening, summarizing, facilitating and “bridge building”…
- Ensuring that work accomplished is accurate in all relevant aspects.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to partial high school education. The person can read and write so as to communicate easily, and/or can count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is a few days to two weeks.
Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals. The incumbent’s education, training, and previous experience ensure work assignments are successfully carried out because he/she understands what is expected, as well as the best approach to take.