Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Data Entry/File Clerk will be responsible for entering all hostel and hotel guests into the computer system. The Data Entry/File Clerk will also be responsible for the input of vouchers, billings and non-insured warrant stay as well as recording, keeping, and filing.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- Must be available for all shifts, Shifts include early morning, days, evenings and weekends
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
- Minimum Grade 12 and/or post-secondary education in health services field or equivalent working experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in clerical field is a asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office computer software, database or MTRS program asset
- Previous experience working in the Sioux Lookout Zone health care system would be a definite asset.
- Professional integrity and the (ability to maintain confidentiality is essential)
- Good working knowledge and experience in time management, excellent organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Experience in file management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To prepare daily billing for SLFNHA. All packages must be reviewed by the Team Leader and or other data entry clerk and signed off before going to Finance.
- Verify daily log sheet totals for both programs.
- Compile applicable statistical information to be entered into electronic database system.
- Keep accurate records of all clients on a database system, ensuring and verifying accuracy, and completeness of data prior to entry into database system.
- Filing all client information including names, dates, locations, date of birth and band number into lockable filing cabinets.
- Photocopy, collate and file documents.
- Responsible for training on file systems.
- Print out stats or as requested.
- Request Purchase Orders when needed and count from main office.
- Request Data/Purchase Orders from NIHB that is not in system.
- Attach SLFNHA JMK Database check out report with NIHB Purchase Order.
- Write up and submit incident reports to appropriate departments.
- Participate and contribute to regular staff development activities and staff meetings.
- Work as a team member with co-workers, SLFNHA staff and other organizations.
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned.
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Open until filled