CSD Policy Analyst
Job Summary: The role of the Policy Analyst is to support the SLFNHA CSD (Client Service Department) and its employees with the identification, development and evaluation of the SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and the regular Operational Policies and Procedures. The Analyst will monitor, amend, develop, implement, and advocate for changes to policies that will improve the current Operational Policies and Procedures. The Policy Analyst will stay current on all Legislation that applies to SLFNHA and ensure that legislation is followed in the Operational Policies and Procedures. The Analyst will have a high-level understanding of policy initiatives and will be responsible for briefings and reports for the Director and Hostel Managers. The analyst will also provide administrative support that is needed to prepare briefing notes etc.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
The salary for this position is $55,966- $68,137 per annum
Applicants must possess:
- Degree and/or diploma in business, health, office administration and/or combined with a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Experience leading working groups.
- Excellent verbal communication, facilitation, listening and presentation skills
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism in sometimes confrontational or sensitive situations.
- Must have working knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and respectfully.
- Computer literacy required.
- Superior written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex information into plain language, for reports and presentations.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply legislation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- An ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ambitious, self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, advocacy and organizational skills
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review, amend and incorporate new SOP’s and policies to SLFNHA.
- Provide recommendations to guide policy decision making and assist with implementation of same
- Analyze legislation relevant to the SLFNHA Client Service Department and identify areas that require changes, updates, revisions, etc.
- Draft correspondence, and briefing notes for the Director of CSD and the Hostel Managers and at times Team Leads.
- Liaise with CSD staff for input to SOP’s, as well as the Policies and Procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Closing Date: open till filled
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com