COVID-19 Vaccine Mobile Unit Registered Practical Nurse
The Approaches to Community Wellbeing is a regional resource to 31 First Nations communities. The Approaches to Community Wellbeing provides expertise, support, services, and programming in community wellbeing (public health) to the region. The program also supports communities in the development, implementation, and monitoring of their own Approaches to Community Wellbeing.
The COVID-19 Vaccine Mobile Unit Registered Practical Nurse will be situated in Sioux Lookout and will travel to communities, as needed.
The COVID-19 Vaccine Mobile Unit Registered Practical Nurse will be accountable to the Community Wellbeing Nurse Manager.
This position is of up to 1 year term duration or other flexible work arrangement – can be full-time, part-time, casual or less than 1 year.
This position will be based in Sioux Lookout or Thunder Bay, Ontario.
The annual salary for the position is from $60,803 to $78,256.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario
- At least two-years of work experience as a registered practical nurse
- Previous work experience in public health
- Current Basic CPR Certificate
- Vaccination Program Certification
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
- Understanding of Public Health (Community Wellbeing) Systems and First Nations health systems
- Understanding of the history and jurisdictional issues that impact First Nations health
- Understanding of contextual factors influencing First Nations community wellbeing (public health), including the social determinants of health
- Understanding of First Nations cultural values and norms
- Experience working both independently and in a team-orientated, collaborative environment is essential
- Proficiency in computer and word processing skills
- Ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects within the Sioux Lookout area an asset;
- Must be willing to travel and work irregular hours;
- Must be willing to travel to remote First Nations communities
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccine education materials.
- Deliver COVID-19 and vaccine education remotely and in person, including:
- Radio shows
- Q+A sessions
- Facebook lives
- Workshops and Presentations
- Engage with community leadership, health director, and nursing staff to schedule travel into communities to conduct COVID-19 vaccine awareness campaigns and deliver the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Arrange logistics of trips into communities.
- Administer the COVID-19 vaccine to clients after informed consent.
- Ensure a copy of all records are received by the Immunization Repository.
- Represent SLFNHA at meetings or on committees as appropriate.
- Handle confidential information according to SLFNHA privacy policies and PHIPA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com