CHW Diabetes Program Assistant
The Community Health Worker (CHW) Diabetes Program is a joint initiative between Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA) and the University of Toronto (UofT), to support the development of First Nations-led solutions to health inequities experienced by people living in remote Sioux Lookout Area (SLA) communities, and more specifically, to improve community-based diabetes care by building the capacity of CHWs.
The Program Assistant is responsible for the coordination of administrative duties to support the CHW Diabetes Program, requiring excellent communication skills, administrative skills, computer skills, and time management in a busy work environment.
The CHW Diabetes Program Assistant reports directly to the Community Health Worker Diabetes Program Coordinator.
The salary for this position is $57,869 to a maximum of $70,454/annum.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Minimum of Grade 12 and/or post-secondary education in a health services field or equivalent working experience.
- Experience working with First Nations people and Northern Communities.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Excellent time management and organization skills; detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently with the flexibility to work as part of a team.
- Ability to speak in one of the First Nation dialects in the Sioux Lookout Area would be an asset.
- Plan and coordinate the program activities and schedule associated with the CHW Program Diabetes Program including travel arrangements.
- Design and prepare documents including letters, memorandums, meeting minutes, reports, PowerPoint Presentations, confidential correspondence, etc.
- Perform routine administrative tasks such as copying, faxing, filing, general typing.
- Prepare meeting arrangements, agendas, supporting documents and meeting minutes
- Maintain/update the office filing system, both paper, and electronic files.
- Complete necessary purchase orders and organize delivery of supplies to CHWs and communities as required
- Communicate and liaise with CHWs to support them in their day-to-day role as required
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements; perform physical demands of the job; demonstrate initiative, and with excellent judgment and prioritizing skills.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org