Administrative Assistant – Health Transformation
The Health Transformation Administrative Assistant will have sound knowledge of First Nations background, community membership, and organizational values and beliefs. The Health Transformation Administrative Assistant provides document processing, records and file maintenance, and administrative services to support the Health Transformation team.
The Health Transformation Administrative Assistant is directly accountable to the Health Transformation Director.
The salary for this position is $47,239- $53,861.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem-solving abilities; analytical and innovative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive of First Nation communities.
- Co-operative and self-directed; ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Adaptable to changes in workload or work environment.
- Knowledge of an Anishinabe dialect spoken in the region is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Anishinabe culture is an asset.
- Minimum of Grade 12 and/or post-secondary education in a health services field or equivalent working experience.
- Two years’ experience in office administration
- Experience working with First Nations people and northern communities.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel is required.
- Excellent time management and organization skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with the flexibility to work as part of a team.
- Ability to speak in one of the First Nation dialects in the Sioux Lookout Area is an asset.
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and coordinate the activities, travel and schedule of the Health Transformation Director
- Design and prepare documents including letters, memorandums, work plans, reports, PowerPoint Presentations, confidential correspondence, etc.
- Perform routine clerical and reception tasks/duties such as copying, scanning, faxing, filing, general typing, answering telephones, greeting people.
- Preparing meeting arrangements, agenda, supporting documents and meeting minutes.
- Maintain/update the office filing system, both paper, and electronic files.
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements; perform physical demands of the job; demonstrate initiative, and work with excellent judgment and prioritizing skills.
- Orders and maintains an office supplies inventory for the team.
- Accesses e-mail for messages or information directed to the Director, team members and/or self.
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability by maintaining confidentiality and completing the required documentation, monthly reports, status updates, etc.
- Participate in regular team meetings or as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Location: SLKT or community acceptable to the employer
- Must be willing and able to travel (northern, rural and urban areas).
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours.
- Overtime as required.