Administrative Assistant – Harm Reduction
The Approaches to Community Wellbeing is a regional resource to 31 First Nations Communities. The Approaches to Community Wellbeing provides expertise, support, services, and programming in public health to the region. The program also supports communities in the development, implementation, and monitoring of their own Approaches to Community Wellbeing. Harm Reduction is a component of Preventing Infectious Diseases under the Healthy Living section of the model.
The Harm Reduction Administrative Assistant provides document processing, records and file maintenance, and secretarial services to the Harm Reduction Manager and team.
The Harm Reduction Administrative Assistant is directly accountable to the Harm Reduction Manager.
The salary for this position is $47,239- $57,512.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Completion of at least one year post-secondary education in Secretarial Arts
- Work experience and/or education in a health related area is considered an asset
- Previous office administration experience is considered an asset
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and in person in both English and Oji-Cree
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills in order to complete correspondence and respond to requests for information
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experience and training in cultural competency with First Nations
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and co-ordinates the activities of Harm Reduction to increase the time available to the Harm Reduction Manager and other members of the Harm Reduction team for the management and delivery of the program/services.
- Co-ordinates the collection and preparation of material for programming
- Typed documents include: letters, memorandums, work plans, reports, administrative circulars, internal instructions and confidential correspondence
- Make meeting arrangements, prepare agendas and prepares minutes of meetings.
- Proofreads and modifies grammar, spelling and punctuation of all documents before submitting for signatures or mailing
- Receives, assesses for information from other departments and staff, made by telephone or in person, and/or refers to the most appropriate person
- Answers requests for information, made by telephone or in person, from the general public and other community agencies. Conveys messages to other departments, Harm Reduction team members, and outside agencies
- Provides receptionist duties for the Harm Reduction Manager and Harm Reduction team members. Duties include but not limited to screening of telephone calls, taking and conveying messages, scheduling meetings, maintaining scheduling, and providing general information as required
- Assembles material for education and/or administrative purposes and distributes as required
- Orders and maintains an office supplies inventory for the Harm Reduction team.
- Maintains the office filing system for Preventing Infectious Diseases
- Accesses e-mail for messages or information directed to the Harm Reduction Manager, team members and/or self.
- Monitors the unit’s schedule to be able to respond to inquiries about staff members availability.
- Provides specific unit orientation to new staff members
- Designs and produces forms and/or graphs for specific use in relation to the administrative of the project
- Inputs data related to Harm Reduction services and compiles reports as required by the Harm Reduction Manager and/or other team staff
- Maintain accountability by working within the program guidelines, by providing regular reports to the Harm Reduction Manager and other team members as appropriate
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability by maintaining client and community confidentiality and completing the required documentation
- Co-ordinates travel for Harm Reduction team members
- Cooperates and establishes working relationships with other units of the Approaches to Community Wellbeing.
- Other related duties as directed by the Harm Reduction Manager
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org