The Administrative Assistant will report to the Executive Assistant (CEO and President)
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for support the Executive Assistant with administrative support and assistance and providing cover for the Executive Assistant in their absence.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment).
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, post-secondary education in business/secretarial would be an asset.
- A minimum of 1 year’s working experience in an administrative position.
- Ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects in the Sioux Lookout Zone is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in using office software and applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, calendar management tools, emails).
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently with at times minimal supervision.
- Discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel and be flexible with work hours
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Executive Assistant in managing their workload by handling routine administrative tasks such as managing calendars, scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, preparing documents, drafting correspondence, and maintaining filing systems.
- Serve as a primary point of contact, screening phone calls, taking messages, and responding to inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Work with SLFNHA travel department, in coordinating travel itineraries, including flights, accommodation, and transportation for CEO/President and Board.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences, and events, including venue bookings, catering, and equipment setup.
- Receive and process expense claims from the CEO/President and board.
- Assist in preparing reports, presentations, and meeting materials.
- Assist in the organization and coordination of Annual General Meeting
- Maintain and update databases, records, and confidential files.
- Assist in office management duties, including ordering supplies and maintaining office equipment.
- Attend scheduled meeting and document and distribute meeting minutes.
- Provide cover for the executive assistant in their absence.
- All other duties as Assigned.
Closing Date: Open to Filled