ACW Program Assistant (Ref #2022-16)
The Approaches to Community Wellbeing is a regional resource to 31 First Nations Communities. The Approaches to Community Wellbeing provides expertise, support, services, and programming in public health to the region. The program also supports communities in the development, implementation, and monitoring of their own Approaches to Community Wellbeing. The Raising our Children section of the model includes Family Health, Youth Development, and Building Healthy Relationships
The Program Assistant is responsible for all reception duties as well as providing administrative support to the Associate Director of Approaches to Community Wellbeing (ACW) and the Public Health and Preventive Medicine (PHPM) Specialist. The Program Assistant must have excellent public relations skills, communication skills, clerical skills, computer skills, and the ability to work in a demanding work environment.
The ACW Program Assistant will report directly to the Associate Director of Approaches to Community Wellbeing.
This is a full-time position and is open until filled.
The salary for this position is $57,869 to a maximum of $70,454/annum.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Certificate or diploma in Secretarial Arts and/or Office Administration
- At least five years’ experience in administration, preferably health or public health
- Experience working with First Nations people and Northern Communities
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office a must
- Two years’ experience in minute taking, producing, distributing and follow up
- Superior time management and organizational skills; very detail orientated
- Ability to work independently with the flexibility to work as part of a team
- Ability to speak in one of the First Nation dialects in the Sioux Lookout area
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performing reception duties at Approaches to Community Wellbeing, Centennial Centre, office
- Answering incoming calls and directing calls to appropriate staff
- Meet and greet incoming clients and ensuring clients are in a comfortable environment while they are in waiting area
- Maintain reception area by ensuring bulletin boards is updated on a regular basis
- Ensure the meeting area is clean and orderly, storage area is organized, and kitchen is maintained.
- Maintain a booking system for the Centennial 3rd floor boardroom and coordinate the booking of the 2nd floor board room at Centennial Centre using supersaas.com
- Ensure issues around maintenance or cleanliness of the building are addressed by liaising with the landlord and cleaners.
- Order and monitor the supplies for cleaning, bathrooms, kitchen, and general office supplies.
- Maintain the extra keys for the boardroom, storage room, and elevators, including a sign out sheet as necessary.
- Print and maintain the sign in sheets for the staff and keep the sign in white board up to date.
- Contact appropriate staff in the event of emergency
- Provide translation/interpreter services as required
- Photocopy and distribute correspondence to appropriate personnel
- Ensure the daily mail runs are conducted and incoming mail is distributed
- Other duties as required
- Plans and co-ordinates the activities and schedule of the Associate Director of Approaches to Community Wellbeing and the PHPM Specialist
- Designs and types documents including: letters, memorandums, work plans, reports, PowerPoint Presentations, administrative circulars, internal instructions and confidential correspondence
- Make meeting arrangements, prepare agendas and prepares minutes of meetings.
- Proofreads and modifies grammar, spelling and punctuation of all documents before submitting for signatures or mailing
- Answers requests for information, made by telephone or in person, from the general public and other community agencies and conveys messages to the Associate Director or PHPM Specialist.
- Maintains the office filing system for the Associate Director and the PHPM Specialist
- Accesses e-mail for messages or information directed to the Associate Director and the PHPM Specialist, as needed.
- Maintain accountability by providing regular reports to the Associate Director and the PHPM
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability by maintaining client and community confidentiality and completing the required documentation
- Co-ordinates travel for Associate Director and the PHPM
- Other duties as required
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com