The Accommodations Clerk is responsible for overall care of Hostel and private accommodation boarders, processing of boarders and boarder information.
Who can apply:
Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Starting Salary Rate: $23.733 per hour
Applicants must possess:
- Minimum Grade 12
- Front Desk experience an asset
- An ability to understand and speak one or more of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout district: Cree, Ojibway and/or Oji-Cree an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbe way of life, culture and language.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to assume responsibility and certain decision-making for others
- Must have demonstrated abilities in office procedures and basis computer literacy
Knowledge and Ability:
- Overall care of the clients during their stay at the Hostel by:
- Ensuring that all clients are treated with respect and dignity
- Providing client(s) with all necessary information regarding transportation, accommodation and translations
- Ensuring that clients’ stay is as safe and comfortable
- Making every effort to substitute for the support of family and community
- Ensure that escorts for clients are provided accommodation.
- Ensuring that the elderly, children and those not capable of looking after themselves receive individual support as required
- Providing translation, when appropriate, for elders and other residents.
- Ensuring that clients respect the privacy, safety and comfort of other clients
- Arrange commercial accommodation as per procedure.
- Processing of client and client information during their stay at the hostel by:
- Ensuring that all clients are admitted to and discharged from the Hostel as outlined in appropriate procedures and that proper up-to-date records are kept of each admission and release
- Ensuring that all clients are properly oriented to their stay at the Hostel.
- Ensuring that all patient clients are aware of their appointments, and that proper records are maintained to monitor status of clients medical attention during stay at hostel
- Check house list to ensure who is in the building matches with date and warrant numbers
- Ensure all information is inputted into JMK Database System
- Give out meal tickets to the appropriate clients
- Complete room checks between with security
- Performing other duties such as:
- Processing clients, monitoring clients, tracking clients and assisting the Dispatch Clerk with ensuring the clients are on the transportation/pick up list
- Determining whereabouts of clients and providing such information to family, counselling unit, and medical/hospital staff when requested to do so
- Any other tasks assigned
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment.
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org