Coordinator of Childrens Rehab Services 2 Positions (1 being FASD focused)
Jan 26, 2018 by 4:30 PM CST
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Commitment: Full Time
Under the Complex Care and Developmental Disabilities Program this position provides support to the inter-disciplinary team who will provide assessment and deliver rehab services. This work will be done through a clear referral process. This position will establish working linkages and service protocols with communities and organizations that provide health/social services programs. This position will participate in orientation and be the support for the clinic staff.
- An undergraduate degree in social work or relevant degree and experience
- Experience and understanding of Native cultural issues, the geographical realities and social conditions within the remote First Nations communities.
- Knowledge of Anishnawbe language an asset.
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Three years’ experience in the social or health services environment
- Knowledge of NIHB travel requirements
- Experience with clinic Coordination
- Must hold a valid Ontario driver’s license with drivers abstract and be willing to and able to travel
- To promote awareness of, and access to, traditional health care options for all clients in exploring their choice.
- Responsible for all day-to-day functions of the Clinic; intake/referral duties; identifying training needs and providing opportunities for ongoing training for community stakeholders; and participating in multi-disciplinary health team activities at the clinic level
- Set the clinic schedule, file management, scheduling clinic times and all activities around the clinic
- Set up and coordinate training for all team members
- Support the policies and procedures
- Order tools and supplies
- Complete intake process; meet with the child and family to collect data for the file
- Collect all collateral information on each client
- Organize clinic meeting assessment rooms and OTN if required
- Participate as part of the multi-disciplinary team on the clinic day
- Maintain tracking system for all discharges from the clinic
- Coordinate all travel for clients and assessment team
- Compile Summary Reports post clinic
- Provide follow-up support & education to clients and families
- Prepare and process correspondence regarding patient care, staff issues and program issues.
- Attend Northwestern Diagnostic Clinic Advisory Group meetings.
- Assisting in coordinating and administrative tasks as directed by the Developmental Services Supervisor and the Northwestern FASD Diagnostic Clinic Advisory Group
- Provide orientation
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Other duties as required