Administrative Assistant (Primary Health Care Team)
Jan 29, 2018 by 4:30 PM CST
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Commitment: Full Time
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all reception duties as well as providing administrative support to the Director, Primary Care Team. The Administrative Assistant must have excellent public relations skills, communication skills, clerical skills, computer skills, and the ability to work in a demanding work environment.
Minimum of two years’ experience in administration, preferably health or public health
Experience working with First Nations people and Northern Communities
Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office a must
Experience in minute taking, compiling and distribution of minutes and required follow up
Superior time management and organizational skills; very detail orientated
Ability to work independently with the flexibility to work as part of a team
Ability to speak in one of the First Nation dialects in the Sioux Lookout area would be an asset
Certificate or diploma in Secretarial Arts and/or Office Administration would be an asset
- Ability to plan and co-ordinates the activities and schedule of the Director, Primary Care Team
- Ability to provide reception duties for the Primary Care Team and redirect queries to the appropriate source
- Ability to design and prepare documents including: letters, memorandums, work plans, reports, PowerPoint Presentations, confidential correspondence, etc
- Experience in preparing meeting arrangements, agendas, supporting documents and minutes of meetings.
- Ability to respond/redirect requests for information, made by telephone or in person from the general public and other community agencies and convey messages to the Director
- Ability to maintain/update office filing system, both paper and electronic based files
- Accesses e-mail for messages or information directed to the Director, as needed.
- Preparation of travel arrangements for the Director, Primary Care Team
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality requirements; to perform the physical demands of the job; demonstrate initiative, and with excellent judgment and prioritizing skills
- Ability to take initiative, be adaptable, multi task, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Experience working with First Nations communities and ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout Zone is an asset